I have decided to compile a list of the reference books I own, without which my writing would be a lot worse off. Where they have been available, I have added links through which you can find the titles on sites such as Amazon (or the closest edition of the title I could find). This is going to be very much a work in progress for a while. It’s going to take a while not only to compile the list, but decide the best way of organising it. Please bare with me, and I hope some of these titles could be of use to you! 🙂
In no particular order as yet:
- Einsohn, A 2006, The Copyeditor’s Handbook, 3rd Edn 2011, University of California Press California.
- Martin, W 2006, The Art of the Short Story, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston NY.
- Anderson, L (ed.) 2006, Creative Writing, Routledge, Oxforshire.
- Grace, GC 2009, Gems, Minerals & Crystals of the World, Axiom, Adelaide.
- Writer’s Digest 2000, The Writer’s Complete Fantasy Reference, Writer’s Digest Books, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Stevens, S & Bannon A 2007, HowDunit – The Book of Poisons, Writer’s Digest Book, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Harper, S 2011, Writing the Paranormal Novel, Writer’s Digest Books, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Beer, D 2007, Writing Made Easy, Writing Write.
- Ramet, A 2007, Creative Writing: How to unlock your imagination, develop your writing skills – and get published, How to Books Ltd., Oxford.
- Kaplan, B 2008, Editing Made Easy, Penguin Books Australia.
- Lowry, B 2009, Juicy Writing: Inspiration and Techniques for Young Writers, Allen & Unwin, Crows Nest NSW.
- Attwood, D 1993, Australian Baby Names and Memories, Minimag, Jamberoo NSW.
- Hanks, P & Hardcastle, K & Hodges, F 2007, A Dictionary of First Names (Oxford Paperback Reference), 2nd Edn, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Edelstein, L 2006, Writer’s Guide to Character Traits, 2nd Edn, Writer’s Digest Books, Cincinnati, Ohio.